7 June 2022, London – Money20/20 Europe, Europe’s largest fintech show, will welcome some of the biggest retail and consumer brands driving innovation in the fintech ecosystem at RAI Amsterdam this week between 7 and 9 June.
In an increasingly complex ecosystem, it is imperative for retailers and consumer brands to reimagine business models and explore new ways of generating revenue and engaging with customers. More than ever, fintech and payment innovation are being embedded into the customer journey, offering consumers the opportunity to buy anything, anywhere, anytime.
Amazon, Tesco, Sam’s Club, and 7-Eleven all have launched checkout-less stores powered by machine learning, facial recognition, IoT and payments technology. H&M and ASOS are tapping into ‘buy now pay later’ with their Klarna tie-up. Jumia, Souq and Mercado Libre have built their own payment systems. The merchant solutions offered by Shopify to its store owners brought in 69% of Shopify’s total revenue in 2020. The financial opportunity is clear to see and yet, with so much at stake, only 22% of retail leaders have implemented embedded finance offerings.
Bringing together the most innovative people in the broader money ecosystem, Money20/20 Europe is a showcase for some of the industry’s fastest-growing and biggest household names. With over 6,500 people from over 2,000 companies attending, this year’s event at RAI Amsterdam promises to be bigger and better, with leading names already confirmed to attend including L’Oreal, Wayfair, Subway, Amazon, IKEA, TJX Europe, NET-A-PORTER GROUP and ASOS.
The Money20/20 Europe agenda is jam-packed with unmatched content addressing some of the biggest challenges and opportunities faced by retailers and consumer brands, among which:
- What’s next for BNPL? Exploring the upcoming legislation in the world of BNPL, the reasons why this space has gained so much traction and what the regulation around it will actually look like.
- A World of POSsibilities: How the point of sale can become the key to customer engagement and innovation and what is the future of POS?
- How verticalisation can become a competitive advantage – how the industry should handle payments and insurance in different industries, from transport to healthcare and online versus offline.
- 86 markets in one day …. When Spotify successfully expanded its payments footprint, the learnings along the way and the advice they would share with other merchants looking to expand globally.
- Embedded Finance Unplugged – An intimate AMA chat with the co-authors of Embedded Finance as they connect with one of their interviews, Shopify. In Q3 of 2021, $20.5B in GMV was processed on Shopify payments. Learn more about why Shopify considers itself a fintech company and where they are going from here.
“Retailers and big brands understand the benefits of data, the ability to personalise the customer experience, and the role that fintech and payments have on the broader P&L,” said Scarlett Sieber, Chief Strategy & Growth Officer at Money20/20 & Author of Amazon’s #1 trending book “Embedded Finance”. “At Money20/20 Europe, we have carefully curated a show that seeks to help retailers network and collaborate with some of the world’s most successful companies and learn from their experiences to enable them to build out their payment strategy.”
Explore the full Money20/20 Europe agenda here.
Money20/20 Europe will be held 7-9 June 2022 in Amsterdam.
More information on Money20/20 Europe is available at europe.money2020.com
Follow Money20/20 on Twitter for event developments and updates.
You can also find us on LinkedIn at Money20/20.
Founded in 2011, Money20/20 creates destination events where the most innovative people in payments, fintech and the broader financial services industry connect. Famed for their high-impact networking, the USA edition, held in Las Vegas (October 2022), and the Europe edition, held in Amsterdam (June 2022), are unmissable by their industry. Money20/20 is the space where the industry’s smartest visionaries and innovators come together to create the future of money. Money20/20 is an Ascential event. www.money2020.com
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world’s leading consumer brands and their ecosystems.
Our world-class businesses improve performance and solve problems for our customers by delivering immediately actionable information combined with visionary longer-term thinking across Digital Commerce, Product Design and Marketing. We also serve customers across Retail & Financial Services.
With more than 2,500 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries.
Ascential is listed on the London Stock Exchange.